Monday, March 7, 2011

Something I hate (Day 11)

Brussel sprouts! No matter what I do to them, I just can't get them to go down! Blech! (That was a fairly easy challenge)!

Goals:

Weight loss: Weigh in day showed a progress of 8.8 pounds lost this week (no, it will not be like that every week. Week 1 is usually the highest because your body is detoxing.). I'm pretty pleased with that result :-) I already notice a difference in the way my clothes are fitting as well as my engagement ring. It's already getting big!

Business: Flyer and event ads are complete for my tasting on the 19th. Other than that, not much has happened with this the past few days because of school work. Leadership call was amazing tonight. We got to hear from Dr. A himself as well as some presidentals, globals, and a new executive director. I always enjoy hearing from the top people in our company. So many have inspiring stories and fantastic advice!

Room of the day: Back on track today. :-) Thank you God because my house was starting to look like a tornado ripped through it! Well, it pretty much still does since my room today is the bathrooms.

Quiet time: Not doing so great the past few days with this. Getting back on track tomorrow. I did; however, purchase a new bible (wow did I not realize how expensive they are! Yeesh!). It's the Life Application Study Bible-NIV version. So many times I find myself reading a passage and either not understanding it or not getting how it relates to what I'm going through and experiencing now. I'm really thinking this will help me not only learn about God's word but also how it applies to my life today. I actually have this same bible but it's the student's version. I used it all throughout high school and LOVED it. The study notes are very information and just all around amazing!

Let's see... what's been going on in my life... Well, pretty much nothing. School work has taken precedence over everything the past week because of my final projects. My international business project was harder than I thought and it took me forever (literally) to do! I calculated how much time I spent on it yesterday (because I'm tracking NEAT points...ask later), and it was close to 7 1/2 hours! Let's just say, even though I sat on my exercise ball the whole time instead of the chair, my butt was nu-uh-umb! Anyway, it got finished although I wasn't very happy with the results. Now, just awaiting the feedback (and not really looking forward to it).

I started MGT245: Organizational Behavior. I ordered my book last Thursday, paid extra for expedited shipping, and it was supposed to arrive today (I have assignments due tomorrow). Yeah, well, it didn't and I don't have any tracking info for it. I've tried emailing the seller and as of now, no response. Needless to say, I'm not really happy. I'm crossing my fingers that it comes tomorrow!

TOTALLY RANDOM THOUGHT (yes, I have those all the time sometimes): I have to say that I am so thankful that I type fast. My brain still thinks faster than I can type but the typing speed really helps me quickly bang out these updates!

Kris was so excited that today was the first day of her being Star of the Week (SOTW). It is also spirit week so she got to wear PJ's to school and she was stoked about that too. I took her out for dinner tonight to celebrate. Then we had a game night and starting watching The Incredibles. It was a really nice, relaxing night.

I spent Friday night and much of Saturday with Andy's sister Shari and her family. One of the things I talked to her about was time management, specifically spending time with Kristi. I feel like such a bad mom sometimes because I never seem to have a lot of time to spend with her. I know... How could I possibly not have time when I'm home all day to get things done?? As crazy as it sounds, I just don't. Between running two businesses, caring for the house, attempting to spend time with Andy, and keep with all my commitments, school work unfortunately gets pushed to the evenings. I've tried switching some things around to make more time during the day for school work plus I've tried doing school work after Kris goes to bed. Usually by that time though, I'm too tired and my brain's too fried to comprehend my readings and what not. So anyway... I talked to her about it. We came up with the solution of making evening time just Kristi and me time. I just have to figure out how to get everything else done during the day. I talked to Kris about that today and she was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited (and that doesn't even remotely relay the amount of excitement)! Right now, Kris and I decided that Monday nights will be game/picking out recipe nights, Tuesdays are craft night, and Wednesdays are cooking/baking night. We haven't decided on Thursdays or Fridays although I have a feeling that one of those days will be Library night (depending on the hours) and the other will be our official outside/going to the park/outdoor activity night (but once the weather gets a little nicer). I think Thursdays would be the better option for the library so she doesn't have to miss them the weekends she goes with her dad. It really makes me happy that Kris loves reading as much as she does. I'm really glad she took after me in that aspect (although I can't say she doesn't get it from her dad because I just can't remember if he likes to read. **shrugs**).

So that's it.. My life from the last few days in a nutshell. I'm off to knit (finally!!!!!). Until next time, much love and many blessings!

♥Courtney♥

No comments:

Post a Comment