Friday, May 24, 2013

News & Updates

I can hardly believe that today I'm 37 weeks and considered full-term! This pregnancy has definitely been more difficult than with Love Bug. At 33 weeks I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes again (I had it with Love Bug). This time around it's been different in that my sugars aren't being controlled as well with just my diet, especially my fasting sugars. Because of that, I started taking Glyburide (the lowest dose) and that seems to be helping. The side effects suck but it's either that or I have to inject insulin and that's not even an option! Squish has been perfectly on target size wise so my doctors aren't overly concerned that my sugars haven't been perfect. I did find out that part of the reason for the higher numbers is my use of antacids (my heartburn is RIDICULOUS this time around) and my use of cough medicine for the cold I've had for the past 2 weeks. I started taking Zantac a few days ago so I'm hoping that will help with the heartburn so I can use less antacids.

It's been pretty busy around here the past month trying to get ready for Squish's arrival. We still have so much to do (at least it feels that way) but everything is starting to come together. We're hoping to have the nursery finished the first weekend in June. We purchased all the paint for it last weekend so hopefully we can hire our friend to paint it by then. I'm not too worried about it since he won't be sleeping in his own room for at least a week or two anyway. I've gotten all his clothes we currently have washed and put away. I know I'll have more to do this weekend since our baby shower is tomorrow which I'm totally okay with. I'm hoping we get some larger sized clothes since we already have a bunch of NB stuff. Since he'll be born in the summer, he'll mostly be wearing onsies anyway. Speaking of the baby shower; I'm going to go off topic here for a minute. I'm really excited to get together with everyone. I feel like time just flies and gets lost a lot lately and I don't get to spend much time with friends or even my family. It's going to be so nice seeing everyone. :-) So back to prepping... In a previous post, I talked about flipping the girls rooms so that Love Bug and Squish would share a room and Kristi would have her own room. After doing that, I really struggled with the configuration of all the furniture needing to fit in the littles' room and am still struggling with the idea of having them in there together. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking it's not such a great idea. Love Bug is pretty much on a set schedule and does so well with sleep. I honestly don't know if she would do well with a screaming infant in the middle of the night, multiple times a night. Andy and I talked a lot about it earlier this week and we're thinking that having the girls share a room for now is going to be the best option, at least until Squish gets on some semblance of a sleep schedule that is similar to Love Bug's. Side note: we probably should have had this in our minds when building our house. Anyway... this weekend is going to be so busy getting the rooms moved around...AGAIN. Little Love is really excited about the move though so that makes it better.

The last part of prepping involves finishing Squishes diapers. I've got 9 of 12 finished and the more I do them, the faster and easier it is. Depending how long it takes me to get these last few finished, I may bump up and do 18. Thankfully, Andy's mom lent me her sewing machine since mine's acting out and I don't have the time or patience to get it looked at right now. Her sewing machine is sooooooo nice (and I'm totally jealous because I seriously WANT one!). Enough on that though... You can read more about those adventures on my crafting blog.

On other fronts, last weekend we celebrated Andy's birthday, our anniversary, and our friends' birthday with our really good friends, the Wilts. The boys really wanted to see Star Trek (as did I) so we saw that in the early afternoon and then went to Aki for dinner. It was an amazingly awesome time and we had so much fun! We were supposed to go see Iron Man 3 after that but I couldn't get a sitter for Love Bug so we decided to stay in as a group and hang. I actually went to bed at like 8:30 because I was so exhausted while everyone else watched movies downstairs. It was so nice to spend time together, especially since I know that soon we won't have these opportunities very often.

Well, that's about all I have for today. I've got lots to do so I better get to it! Until next time, much love and many blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment