Friday, April 30, 2010

The Initial Greeting

Hello, hello! Wow has my past few weeks been crazy! On the 9th of April, I lost my job. While that was definitely a disappointment, I am also seeing it as a blessing. In January, my boyfriend and I started a new plan called Take Shape for Life. We have both had tremendous success with it, him losing over 50 lbs and me over 30 lbs in 4 months! This plan is fast, safe, effective, and was created by a doctor. I believe so much in this plan that last Wednesday I signed up as a health coach, starting my own business! I am so excited to start this endeavor!

Well, Kristi had her surgery this past Wednesday. She did great and hasn't had too many problems. She really scared me though because yesterday and for most of the day today she has not drank or eaten anything. She is currently eating some Spaghettio's and drinking Pedialyte!! Praise God!

Since being off work, I have been able to devote some "me" time to knitting and cross-stitching. I picked up a piece that I started in middle school. I was making it for my grandmother... It has a beautiful poem and gorgeous border. Since my grandmother passed away a few years ago, I decided that I am going to finish it as my mom's birthday present. I think she's going to like it not only for the beautifulness (is that even a word???) but also for the emotional aspect as well. Here's a picture of what I have so far:




I got my Modified Lucy Bag finished also. I am so in love with this yarn, the pattern, and my lining. It is the first time I have ever lined a purse and done any sort of real sewing other than fixing clothing. Here's a couple of pictures:










I'm going to have to fix the lining because it is starting to come lose. I think I'll need to use a whip stitch instead of the running stitch I did.

I'm hoping to start my first KAL next week. I joined a new group last year that meets in Chambersburg and they have just implemented the first KAL. It's a really adorable felted purse (I'm a total sucker for purses). I think I'm going to knit it in a dark purple or brown and use needle felting to put a design on the front. I haven't completely decided yet. I'm also hoping to get a head start on my knitting Christmas list. I found a really adorable tunic I want to make Ellie. It is featured in the Summer 2010 issue of Interweave Knits. The pattern is called Daisy Stitch Tunic.

Well, I'm off to cook some chicken and vegetable stir-fry (minus the rice) for my lean and green tonight. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment