Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Winning and then some...

So I get on Ravelry this morning to check out some of my groups pages and have a new message. I wasn't overly excited; however, after opening and reading the message... I was oober excited! I've been following The Alpaca Yarn Company's blog, Paca-Blog. They have been running a contest to pick the names of the new summer Paca-Paints colorways. So, of course I had to put my two cents in on those babies! (Which BTW, they are GORGEOUS!) Everyone who responded went into a drawing for a free skein of each colorway. So back to my original story... I opened my message and VIOLA! I won! Seriously, I know I'm totally stoked but you have to understand that I never win anything. I will be receiving a skein of the fantastic colorway Mardi Gras and can't wait to knit with it!


Well, that was pretty much the highlight of my week :-)

So as most of you know, Andy and I have been looking at buying a house by the end of the summer. We have been looking now for a few months and finally found the perfect house at the end of March. Unfortunately, the financing isn't going to come through until October. Andy and I prayed about our decision and feel that God was calling us to build our house. The gentleman who built our "perfect house" was enamored with our story and wanted to build us our own house. He is even willing to let us move in before our financing comes through, which is totally awesome. Well, Andy and I are kind of starting to rethink everything. It seems like one thing after another is getting in the way of us being able to start the building, specifically dealing with S&A for our lot. The first lot we picked they said no to because they don't want two bi-levels next to each other. Okay.... so we picked another lot in the same development (which is a fantastic development). They came back again and said no but didn't give us a reason (which we now know is because they don't want anything built on that lot until all other lots are developed first). But, they offered us two other lots which neither Andy nor I are really that happy with. So Andy and I started looking around for other lots outside the development. We found one that we both really liked in a more rural area and at a fantastic price. What the seller failed to disclose was that we'd have to rip up the main street, both lanes, in order to run the sewage lines, have underground utilities, and install a grinder pump which added another $10,000 to $15,000. So, we went back to the drawing board and picked a different lot in the first development and have just gotten word again that we can't get that lot either. We're once again back to the first two lots S&A offered. The only issue I have with those lots is that S&A has been royally screwing with us for the last month and a half and I don't really like the size of either of the lots. It almost makes me think that maybe God is telling us this isn't the time to build our house. But... I don't know.

On the business front, I have gotten two more clients signed up this past week and have another 2, possibly 3 or 4 signing up in the next few weeks! If I'm able to get those clients signed up by the end of August, then I'll have hit my goal of 10 clients, which I'm definitely excited about! I've really been falling behind on my reading of Dr. A's Habits of Health and Living a Longer, Healthier Life (HOH/LLHL). I've just haven't had much motivation the last few days to do anything but clean and laundry which is a complete rarity for me!

Speaking of... I was so happy that I got our room and like 6 loads of laundry finished yesterday! I was so happy with the results even though it's not completely finished. I'm planning to finish that up tomorrow.

I didn't get too much accomplished today except customizing my blog, which I have to say looks pretty spiffy now. I did get the grill situation for Andy's party taken care of which was a definite blessing. I was also able to work out the cake dilemma so that made me happy too. I am so excited for his party on Saturday. I just can't believe that I've been able to keep it from him all this time (it's been in the works now for about 2 months). I even have it worked out that he won't find out about it until he walks in the door of Matt's! Giddy up! (BTW, it's his surprise 40th birthday party.) I even managed to get the names and numbers of some of his fraternity brothers without him knowing anything... Oh, I'm a sneaky one! :-) I'll post some pics of the birthday boy and party in my next entry.

I got my next shipment of food today which is great because I was getting really low. I swear, every time I open the box it's like Christmas! I tried a new antioxidant shake today called Cherry Pomegranate and it was good! Some new things I got to try this month was the Cherry Pomegranate and Dark Chocolate Antioxidant shakes, honey mustard pretzels, and Chili Nacho Cheese Puffs. I'm down another 2 lbs from last week which is great. I'm hoping to have finished losing my weight by the end of June. I only have another 28 lbs. to go! :-) Here's my before and mid-way picture so far:

Here's the before and after shot of my boyfriend (he's down 55 lbs. from his start weight!):

It is amazing to me how incredibly fast, safe, and effective this program is. And, I love the fact that we get a personal, one-on-one health coach for free!

I got some awesome shots of Andy's parents landscaping. I love taking pictures of flowers and scenery. I especially love the digital camera Andy got me for Christmas! Here's a couple of the photos:


 Beautiful Rhododendron

 
Trellis

Purple Iris

 Pretty yellow Iris


 It took me so long to get this shot!

It took me even longer for this one!




Well, I better get dinner started. I have SnB tonight and am so excited to see everyone! I haven't been there since before Christmas so it'll be nifty time of knitting and conversation. :-) Until next time: health, happiness, and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment