Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend update

Yesterday was little love's 5th birthday party :-) Everything went pretty smoothly (although my timing was definitely a little off) and everyone had a blast. We had a total of about 35 people who joined in the fun including some of her buddies from school and their families. Here's some pictures of the guests:

Wendy & Andy
Todd & Eli
Wendy's daughter Tiff
Pastor Manny, John, Jillian, & Mom
Jan & Carol
Jillian
Mom
Megan
We had lots of food including hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, amazing potato salad, pretzels, chips, and of course cupcakes for the kids and a fantastic banana cake with peanuts butter filling and chocolate icing (a dirty banana cake!!).Of course, the presents were definitely festive.
The spread
Presents!
Little love made out like a bandit! The kids played in the creek and playground for most of the day. Thankfully, the weather cooperated and wasn't unbearably hot. Everyone had a really great time!

Before heading to the party, Andy, little love, Carol, John, and I went out to see the house and drop off the paint (we bought the first color!!). The inside is completely dry-walled. The painter is set to come this week and next week should be the installation of the cabinets, counters, appliances, and flooring. Once that's complete, lighting fixtures will go in (I think) and then... MOVE IN!!! I seriously can't wait! Here's a few updated pics with the dry-wall:
Garage
Great room
Dining room & kitchen
Living room
Spare room
Master bedroom
Little love's room
So this morning was little love's third day of school. Yesterday, she and I had a talk about not taking Dooda & Rose to school because of the fiasco last week. She wasn't very happy about it and almost started crying--almost. After we talked, I explained why she should leave them home. She seemed satisfied with that answer and decided to take the lady bug pillow pet she got at her party instead. No tears or freak outs! I was very, very proud of her! Maybe this will help her transition in to not needing to take her bunnies everywhere we go. **crossing fingers... very tightly**

My plan for this week is to go through little love's toy bins and craft cabinet and get rid of things she no longer uses. She's gotten 4 or 5 new coloring books in the few weeks and I just don't have anymore room for them. I went through and pulled out a large stack of ones she has either never used or only colored one or two pages out of. I'm going to look into donating them to a local shelter or something along with her books and stuffed animals we went through last month. I'm going to do the same thing with her toys she no longer uses. I went to Wal-Mart this morning to pick up a few storage bins to put all her Barbie's and their accessories. She got three new ones at her party yesterday. I just needed something to put all the little shoes and accessories into so they don't get lost. I am constantly stepping on them in the dining and living rooms as well as her bedroom. The rest of the week will be devoted to keeping the house in order and packing more stuff. My goal is to have the entire house except necessities packed before we leave for the beach on Sept. 18th.

On that note, I'm off to do some straightening up. Have a great day!

♥Blessings♥
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment