Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Goals and new beginnings

One of my goals this year is to update my blog more than once in a blue moon. Mainly, I've come to the conclusion that while my fun and witty banter probably is amusing to most, my posts get way too long. So I'm thinking that if I update more, the posts will be shorter therefore captivating my audience that much more (well, in my dreams at least). So far, I'm doing okay on this front.

Another goal was to come up with a routine for house cleaning each day. I'm pretty sure I have ADD issues so when I start to clean a room and take something to the other room where it belongs, I see something in that room that needs to be cleaned and do so. Hence, no room ever seems to get done. You know, I never used to think that clutter or disorganization bothered me. But in the past few months I've come to realize that it really does bug me, a lot. Since moving into our new home, there have been boxes and stuff just everywhere and it was seriously driving me crazy! Since Christmas I have been trying to work on keeping the house more organized. I've noticed that I actually feel better when I see each room picked up and neat. I mean, it doesn't have to be perfect but at the very least, it feels good knowing that I don't have to worry about tripping over stuff!

Third goal for this year: keeping up with my school work before enjoying anything else including TV and/or knitting. Okay, so this may not seem like a big deal but for me is a pretty big task. My pre-goal routine didn't have any structure so I would watch TV and/or check email and do homework whenever I felt like it (usually after Kristi went to bed). It really wouldn't be a big deal except that by the end of the day, I'm exhausted and can't focus on school work. So my new goal is after getting Kris off to school, I get all school work finished, do at least 5 minutes of business related work (another goal for myself), and clean the room of the day. It's been a fairly productive system so far except for school work, but it's definitely improving. Speaking of... Supervisory and Management has been going great. The readings aren't ridiculously long or boring and I'm actually finding it pretty interesting. International Business on the other hand I'm finding difficult. I think my main issue is that I'm just totally uninterested in this class (which usually doesn't happen). I'm hoping since I found my print copy of the book, it'll make it easier to read. I can only sit and stare at the computer screen for so long. I think from now on, I may just buy a print copy of my textbook but we'll see.

Yesterday Kris and I met up with the Echterling family and my best friend Sarah Dise. We met over at Cluggy's and while the kids played got to knit for a little and had some great conversation. It was so nice to get out! We had a really great time!

Well, that's about all I have time for today. Now I have the task of figuring out how to juggling the school and house work thing since school was cancelled today for Kristi. :-)

Until next time.... Much love and many blessings!

♥Courtney♥

P.S. If you want to know what I'm too in the crafting world, check out my other blog On My Needles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment