Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Something that means a lot to me (Day 25)

The very first thing that pops into my head is family. I don't have a picture of all of them so for times sake, I'm not actually going to post a picture for this. Let's just say that all of my family has helped shape me into who I am today. Without them, I don't know where I'd be. They mean the absolute world to me (even though that's not always expressed)! I love each and every one of you and am so grateful that you are all in my life! <3<3<3

So a few months ago (I think??) I told you that one of my goals as a new cook was to take unhealthy recipes and try to make them healthier. Well, being back on plan has kind of hindered that process because of the limitations on what I can eat. I have definitely still been looking for healthier options for when we start transition and maintenance. I recently found a website called Sandy's Kitchen. She's a military wife who's husband is currently deployed. She's come up with many recipes that are 5&1 friendly and so far, I've tried three of them. They are all uh-mazing! I mean, really truly awesome! Of course, as a coach I always recommend double checking counts because as I am prone to do, people do make mistakes. One of the most amazing things about being a health coach is the amazing amount of support surrounding me not only as a client but also as a coach. One of my favorite supports is Nutritional Support. Whenever I find a recipe that isn't 5&1 friendly, I send it to them to see if there is a way to make it 5&1 friendly. That was a little off topic and I'm sorry... There really was a point to that blurb. No, really... There was! So anyway, on Saturday, I made her recipe for taco salad. I. Love. Tacos. Alot. So when I saw this, um yeah, I knew that was definitely first on my list! Here were my adjustments: I substituted Weight Watchers Shredded Mexican Cheese for the 2% Mexican Cheese called for in the recipe and did not use the salad dressing. Instead, I put 2 tbsp of salsa. Here's how it looked:

The next recipe I made was the Buffalo Chicken in the Slow Cooker. My modifications were substituting 1/4 of Texas Pete's Hot Sauce for the Frank's Hot Wing Sauce (the store didn't have Frank's) and only using 1 tbsp of salad dressing per serving instead of 2. I used Ken's Light Options Olive Oil & Vinegar. I also shredded my chicken before cooking it. I would also recommend using a smaller crock pot if available. Mine is a 5-qt (I think... All I know is it's BIG) and instead of taking 6 to 8 hours to cook on low, it only took 3. But it still turned out amazing!
Today, I made the Asian Lettuce Wraps. This is probably the one I was most excited for. I like most Asian foods and especially love PF Chang's lettuce wraps. I have to say, these were pretty amazing! My only modification to this was using a stir-fry seasoning in place of the szechwan seasoning. All the nutritional values were the same but the only szechwan seasoning I could find was hot & spicy. Now, that wouldn't bother me but there's no way on the planet Little Love would eat it. I used 93/7 ground turkey, not the beef. Even with substituting, it came out amazing! Kristi loved it!
Tomorrow, I'll be making the Mexican Fiesta Taco Turkey Burgers. I'll let you know how they turn out! On to goals...

Quiet time: Has definitely not been consistent. Needless to say, I'm finding it more difficult than I thought getting to bed earlier thus waking up earlier. I've been doing pretty good about being in bed no later than 11 and lights out at 11:30 or 12 (depending on how tired I am), but when that annoying sounds starts buzzing in my ear at 7 am, I just can't seem to get myself out of bed. I'll lay there and snooze for like 40 20 minutes before actually getting up. I do have to say though that I am much happier with sticking to my bedtime schedule and the fact that I'm at least cracking my bible open more than just Sundays. I know I can't change everything all at once, so I'm doing a little at a time and am happy with the progress I've made so far (which also pertains to my next goal).

Room of the day: See above.

Business: I've really been working my TSFL business. While I'm not feeling like I'm making much progress, I'm feeling more connected and like I'm on track. My goal was to be an Executive Director by the end of this month. I'm about 12 clients short of that goal, but I'm definitely working on it. Each and every day is a new challenge but yet, an old fear is put to rest. I finally figured out what was holding me back with this business (which I previously shared with you). Knowing now what that is has helped me move forward. Last week's leadership call gave me that final boost of motivation and will help me reach my goals. And while I'm on that specific subject, my goal right now is be an Executive Director by the end of March and have Andy home with us all the time by the end of the year. If I continue on the path I'm going, it is very attainable. And secretly, I'm actually trying to best myself to see just how fast I can get him home. :-)

Weight loss: Ugh! To spare you the gory details, there were certain aspects of this past week that I know affected my loss. Stupid nature!! I know I screwed up my condiment counts a few days this past week so I'm making sure to plan each day before it begins so I know exactly what condiments will be used when. I also have a proud moment to share along these lines. Andy and I both went to Eli's second birthday party on Sunday. Yes, I hear you saying... And????....I'm getting to that. We are both suckers for sweets, like cake, ice cream, etc. We knew we had this coming, so we planned ahead. He took along one of his bars and I took a brownie (which is very cake-like although I didn't end up actually eating it). We also brought our L&G meals (salads) to eat right at the beginning of the party so we wouldn't be starving the whole time while there. He and I both stayed completely OP the whole time! It was definitely a major victory for both of us and I couldn't be prouder of him (if you know us, you know why this is so exciting and needs to be shared)! 

Well, this is getting long so I'm off to read for a few. Until next time, much love and many blessings!

♥Courtney♥

No comments:

Post a Comment