Friday, August 26, 2011

God's Blessings

It's amazing to me how incredibly easy it is for us to focus on negative things in our lives. Negatively itself is a disease. It sucks the energy out of a person as much as running a 5k. Okay, maybe not quite that much but you get the point. I find myself many times thinking negatively and having negative reactions towards situations. I really don't want to be that way so I'm making a conscience effort to think more positively about situations that happen in my life and start my day with a healthy dose of positive thinking. For example, about a week and a half ago, I left work early to go to the doctor's because I had some light bleeding (for those of you who don't already know, I'm 15 weeks preggo). I totally freaked out because that particular symptom was exactly what happened when I had my miscarriage back in November of last year. The whole way over to the doctors office I was badly shaking, crying, and praying. At first, my prayer was focused on negativity, specifically, please God don't take this baby from us. But then, as I got closer to the doctor's office, I realized that thinking negatively or about the worst that could happen wasn't going to help me or Peanut. In fact, it could potentially hurt both of us because of raised blood pressure, etc. So I turned my prayer around and just simply said that no matter happens, I know You will never give me anything I can't handle. Whatever happens, please let it be used for Your glory and will and nothing less. Once I said those words, I honestly felt calmer and more relaxed. I won't lie and say I was completely okay because I was definitely scared out of my mind, but I honestly felt better. Everything turned out fine; Peanut's heartbeat is strong so the doctor told us not to worry.

Later that evening, I got the phone call that I was being temporarily laid off. At first, this made me happy because I was very stressed with my position and didn't really like going to work anymore (more negativity). Then it hit me... I left early that day plus was losing another day that week so I wasn't even going to get a full week's pay and nothing in the upcoming week or weeks. We're supposed to be taking our annual family vacation at the end of September, Kristi's birthday party was that weekend, and how on earth are we going to be able to pay the bills? Realistically, we can afford our bills on just Andy's income but it would be extremely tight. Again, I started down that path of negative freak-out. Now that I look back on it, I truly feel it was a blessing from God. I got a week off work which mentally I needed and thankfully didn't have a lot of bills due. I start back to work Monday and am only working 9:30-3:00 so I can get Kristi off to school and from school each and every day. Again, another blessing. God works in so many mysterious ways! Moving on....

Kristi's birthday party was awesome. Everyone had a really great time and I was thankful we got to spend some time with our friends and family. Here's a couple of picture highlights (and by a couple I mean at least 5):

Family tradition

She was just a little excited.


The loot


My heart <3
We played iCarly bingo and pin the mustache on Spencer. We listened to a combination of iCarly/Miranda Cosgrove and Big Time Rush songs. I don't think I've ever heard excited screaming as much as I did that day!

Sunday we spent the afternoon at the church picnic and then with Andy's parents swimming. That was a lot of fun and Kristi was sooo excited to finally get a pair of Twinkle Toes from Sketchers! The look on her face was priceless:


Other than that, Kris and I have been hanging out, going to the park, playing games and Barbie's, but not too much else is happening here so until next time, much love and many blessings!


♥Courtney♥

No comments:

Post a Comment