Monday, August 15, 2011

Getting up to speed

Okay.. So here's the super-quick run-down of what's been going on my life since I left you hanging for a whopping 3 months (I know... the horror!).

The last time I updated, I talked some about starting a new job and the wedding.  The job is going okay. Since starting in April, I've moved through 3 different positions. To be honest, I'm not really liking this new position but it is what it is and I'm making the most of it.

The wedding was fantastic! It was everything I hoped it would be. We had a beautiful ceremony that was picture perfect. I felt like a fairytale princess in my wedding gown. Andy's step-dad walked me down the isle to marry my love and best friend. The reception was so much fun. We had lots of dancing, visiting, and eating. I was very happy with how everything turned out, especially since most of it was done myself! (Go little crafty me!)

June was a fairly uneventful month, so not too much to report there. Although, one big thing did happen... Andy and I found out that we're expecting our first child! We're super stoked and can't wait to meet our little bundle of joy. Kristi is just as excited as well. Kristi also officially graduated kindergarten. :-)

July was pretty eventful with my birthday, Kristi's birthday, Katelynn's birthday and party, my first doctor's appointment, Sarah's wedding, and our honeymoon. We didn't do anything special for my birthday but on Kristi's birthday, I took her to The Carousel for ice cream. We had a blast trying not to get the ice cream all over us since it was hot as snot outside! Katelynn's birthday party was a ton of fun with amazing food and a pool to swim in. I was really proud of Kristi because she swam in the deep end with no floaties or a vest and was diving head-first into the water! <3 She's growing up so fast! I had my first doctor's appointment before leaving for OC. We got to see our little bundle of joy which we've lovingly nicknamed Peanut. We got about 20 printouts of him/her. I also got a ton of information and free samples (who doesn't like free?). Peanut is perfectly sized for how far along I am which is awesome. We also found out that our due date is February 14, 2012. :-) Moving on to Sarah's wedding... Sarah, Kristi, and I left for OC, MD on the 20th. We spent the first day lounging. The second day we dug in and started with the cake preparations. After looking at the recipe for the one cake and finding out it was going to take over 9 hours to make (not including decorating), we scrapped that one and went with Andy's family's recipe for Hawaiian Wedding Cake. It turned out amazing (of course!). The main cake was a strawberry-shortcake that turned out fantastically better than our first attempt. The table set-up was beautiful and I got lots and lots of complements on the presentation and taste (score!). The wedding ceremony was gorgeous and not nearly as hot as I thought it would be. The reception was a blast as well. The honeymoon was amazing. I try not to complain too much about how little I see Andy because I do realize that there are some husband's and wives who don't see their spouses for months or years on end. I'm so used to being able to see him or talk to him and since starting at Rubber Sheet Roll, I'm lucky if I get a 5 minute conversation a day during the week. Our weekends are so jam packed with things we need to do together that we don't ever seem to spend "quality time" together. So having the honeymoon really helped us bond more. We got a lot closer and I seriously fall more in love with him each and every day (although sometimes I wonder how that's even possible).

August so far hasn't been too eventful. Kristi starts school in 2 weeks so we started her bedtime/school routine. That didn't go so well this morning when she had to wake up earlier than she's used to. We got all her school clothes this past weekend and she and I picked up her sneakers, book bag, and folder tonight. She's set and anxious to start (although I think that's more because she wants to wear her new clothes... Not that she REALLY wants to start school.. LoL!).

A quick update on goals:

Business: Waugh Street Note Service is officially no more. I found out that the founder of the institute where I did my training for a hefty fee has since laid all his salesmen off and is potentially filing for bankruptcy. Lesson learned. TSFL, however, is officially starting to take off. Although I haven't signed up a new client yet this week, I'm confident that working with my business coach will get the results I need in order to stay home. My goal is to be an Executive Director by September 19th. I know it's going to be hard but it'll be worth every minute I put into it. I really think the biggest obstacle to my success has been fear. Fear of not knowing what's going to be on the other side; fear of not knowing what my life is going to look like as a successful business woman; and fear of how much (or maybe little) my life is going to change. Up until this past week, that fear has driven (well, not driven) my success with TSFL. There are so many supports with this company so I'm never in this alone. That, to me, is more amazing than anything else. I don't HAVE to be the expert. I don't HAVE to know everything in order to be a fantastic and successful coach! I can't even begin to explain how freeing that is! I'm one of those people who feels I have to know everything about a position before I can truly "be in that position".. If that make sense? (It does in my mind.) Anyway...

Quiet time: My original goal was to set aside time every day to do this. I know I need to but I just never seem to quite get there. So, I'm revamping this one a little. I'm making more time to spend with God, it just isn't always "quiet time". I'm reading my bible more, mostly listen to Christian music (I know this isn't a necessity but this is one of the ways I praise God each and every day), and praying more. This is a journey and He knows I'm not perfect. Beating myself up about it only brings me that much farther away from Him so I'm happy with where I am at this time in my life. :-)

Okay, it's been so long that I can't even remember what the other goals were... I know there were like 4 but eh... Oh well. They obviously weren't THAT important. On that note, it's way past my bed time and I've talked your ear off enough for one evening. Until next time, much love and many blessings! <3

Love,
Courtney (now Kramer) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment