Monday, September 19, 2011

Getting Ready

The past few days have been a flurry of activity with doing loads and loads of laundry, packing for the beach, and finding out Peanut’s sex.  Thursday morning we had the hour long ultrasound that determined Peanut’s sex and anatomy.  Peanut’s anatomy is great from what we could see and they determined that it’s a girl! 



Andy and I have talked many times about names since we started dating 4 years ago.  If Peanut was a boy, we were going to name him Josiah and a girl, Trinity Lynnan.  We’ve recently been contemplating other possibilities although not really wavering from the first name.  Andy’s grandmothers name was Eleanor and I actually like that name a lot.  Andy, not so much.  He came up with Lenore but I don’t really like how it just abruptly ends so we compromised with Lenora.  I don’t know if we’ll actually keep that, but it’s what we’ve decided so far. 

Friday night and most of Saturday was spent grocery shopping for the beach, doing laundry, and packing for our very, very late/early departure.  I think I did a total of 7 loads of laundry on Saturday (a new record for me!).  Craziness…. Everything got packed pretty quickly once everything was folded and together.  I made a list for Kristi for her stuff which definitely helped me.  Sometimes I forget how big she is getting and I don’t necessarily need to pack 2 outfits for everyday that we’ll be there like I did when she was two (especially since there’s a washer and dryer in the condo).  


Yesterday we went to the Salty Dog (the Steeler's bar/restaurant) for the game and to grab lunch.  We got there an hour and half early and there still wasn’t any place to sit!  So we scrappd that idea (although Andy didn’t) and went back to the condo for lunch and relaxtion until Andy got back.   

Really, I was only interested in wings so I wasn’t too upset that we couldn’t stay.  We went to The Marina Deck for dinner which had rave wing reviews.  Andy got the original buffalo wings and I got the marina wings which remind me of Smokey Bones’ Buff-a-Que wings.  They were awesome!!  We went to the boardwalk for a little but the wind was pretty crazy so we spent the remainder of the night at the condo.  

I’m an avid reader which those of you who know me, know this.  I follow Parents and American Baby’s on Twitter.  I especially love many of the articles that Parents shares and often times share them myself.  One of the most recent I read was on making your own baby food.  I am honestly surprised at the ease of doing it and how long the food stays (even without preservatives!).  Since starting TSFL, I have been much more cautious about the foods that my family eats, especially with Trinity on the way.  I mean, I’m not going to lie and say we don’t eat anything with preservatives or is unhealthy but we definitely eat a lot less of those foods.  One of my major concerns right now is the amount of high fructose corn syrup and preservatives are in everyday basic foods.  This is definitely one of the reasons why the Parents article caught my attention.  If I can learn to do these types of things on my own, it’ll not only be more healthy for my baby/family, but it’ll also save us a vast amount of money.  If you’re a parent (or thinking of becoming one) and are on Twitter, I would highly recommend following Parents.  You won’t be sorry! 

Well, I’ve talked your ear off enough for today so until next time, much love and many blessings!

♥Courtney♥

No comments:

Post a Comment