Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fall is Definitely Here

Oh yeah, fall is definitely here! This morning I took stock of exactly why I was feeling more of fall today than other day this year thus far. I'm thinking it had something to do with the 51 degree weather upon waking up and walking the dogs, the pumpkin bagel with homemade pumpkin cream cheese for breakfast, and sipping on my homemade pumpkin spiced coffee (and by homemade I mean I added pumpkin spice to the coffee grounds). Yeah... I absolutely love this time of year. Not only is it the return of everything pumpkin, but it's that much closer to winter and Christmas, which is hands down my absolute favorite time of the year.

I'm really excited that next Monday is Halloween. Halloween usually doesn't do anything for me, but this year, I actually get to take Kris trick-or-treating. I haven't been able to do that since she was very little. The last time she was here 2 years ago, I was really sick and unable to take her. This year, she's being Ariel from The Little Mermaid (big shocker!). I love that she's so much like me and this is one thing she and I can share together. Sometimes I feel a little left out in that area because she has the He-Man/She-Ra/Thundercats thing with Andy. Anyway...

Business is going great. I had a meeting with my business coach today which was completely invaluable! I have never felt more at ease with this business thing. I have found it so completely overwhelming and she really helped me see that it's not overwhelming at all. Just take things a step at a time, map out a plan, and manage time efficiently is about all I need to do. It makes me feel great and oh-so-excited to work for myself and be here for my family whenever I'm needed. :-)

This week has been pretty crazy so far. We've been dog-sitting Matt's two adorable dogs, so that's been crazy in and of itself. Our family is definitely not used to having to pick every little thing up and closing all our doors. Needless to say, they drank out of the toilet a few times (clean mind you) and chewed up a couple of Kristi's things but all in all it wasn't too bad. Monday I hung out with Wendy a little. After getting my hair done, we went for lunch at Chili's (love that place!). Yesterday we had a play date with one of Kristi's classmates. That was our second play date so far and both have been fun for both the kids and moms. I'm excited to spend some time with another mom which I definitely don't get to do very often. Today was mostly just working my business, knitting the rest of the ornaments for Carol, and spending time with Kristi. Thankfully, the rest of this week isn't terribly busy (definitely a blessing). Kris has a birthday party on Saturday and Sunday we're heading to York for Carol's birthday party. I'm really excited for that. It's not very often our whole family gets together so it'll be nice to spend some time together.

This past weekend was my sister's bridal shower and it was totally awesome! Everyone had so much fun. Here's a couple of pictures from the party:







Well that's about all I have for now so until next time, much love and many blessings!


♥Courtney♥

No comments:

Post a Comment