Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Halloween, Princesses, and a Wedding

It's been a pretty crazy month around the Kramer household. It all started with Halloween, which was a blast. Kristi dressed up like Princess Ariel and we met up with her bestie Caitlyn and her family to go trick-or-treating around their neighborhood. It was a blast getting some mommy time along with the experience. Kristi and her girlfriends looked so adorable in their costumes. 

All the girls were incredibly excited and had a great time. 

Next on the list was Kristi's birthday gift from the Wilt family. They bought her a ticket to go see Disney Princesses on Ice at the beginning of November. She spent most of the weekend with them and had a blast! 

Next up was my sister's wedding. That was a crazy busy couple of days. We spent most of the Thursday before decorating the church. It honestly didn't take nearly as long as I thought. We had a lot of help which was nice. The wedding itself was spectacularly gorgeous! She looked like a princess! Here's a couple of shots:

Rehearsal

Servers I decorated

Table decorations

Head table

Banister in front of the head table (These looked awesome when lit.)

First dance waltz

The beautiful bride


Pretty, pretty flower girl <3

We spent Thanksgiving with Andy's family, specifically at his sister's house. We had a lot of amazing food including perfectly cooked turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, corn, crescent rolls, and stuffing. I took just a little of everything and was so stuffed I couldn't even finish it. Surprisingly, I didn't take a single picture the whole time we were there (I know... What's wrong with me?!)! We drove Kris to her father that evening and afterwards, had some awesome desserts. Even though we ate much earlier this year than normal, most of the desserts didn't even get touched. We had pumpkin pie (which I'm now realizing I didn't get any of), pumpkin roll, and ice cream. I made orange cranberry cookies (click on the link and it'll take you to the recipe) and 2 different kinds of sugar cookies. I wasn't very impressed with the first sugar cookie recipe. I don't know if they just didn't turn out right because I used Splenda instead of "real" sugar or if my taste buds are just off, which is totally possible since I'm pregnant. Even though they didn't turn out the way I thought, the orange cranberry cookies came out perfectly! I again substituted Splenda for sugar and the Splenda-blended brown sugar. The recipe called for a glaze on top but I liked them so much without it so I decided not to put it on. That just means less calories and carbs right? ;-) Even though cookies aren't the healthiest snack foods, I do try to make them "healthier". 

We went Black Friday shopping and found some really great deals. We went out around 7 to hit Toys R' Us first. We found a fantastic deal on a crib and changing table set. The set was on sale for less than the cost of the crib itself! We just got the call today that it's ready to pick up. I'm so excited to pick it up and set it up in Trinity's room. Now, I just have to get started making the crib set. The other thing I wanted to look for was the Leapster Leappad. I know they weren't running a sale on it, but I wanted to see if it was available. Since it's still pretty new, they've been unavailable every time I've tried to purchase one. TRU was sold out but I'm actually happy about it. I didn't realize that VTech had their own type of tablet. The VTech Innotab actually seems better than the Leappad and it didn't cost as much. The only issue with the Innotab is that there is only one game out right now that is rated ages 7-9. All others are 4-6 or 5-7. Kristi has a Leapster 2 right now and the games don't go past age 7. She's unfortunately beat most of the ones she owns and doesn't want any new ones. I thought the Innotab would be a great system for her since I can't see paying the price for an actual tablet. I guess that was a long winded way of saying we got it for her for Christmas and hopes she likes it. We also picked up some more Squinkies and small craft stuff as stocking stuffers. With that, we got Kristi completely finished. :-)

With all that over, not much else has been going on. I completed two scarves for our church's Christmas Bazaar. I'm making a batch of the orange cranberry cookies for that as well. I'm excited to see what families have donated to the bazaar this year. After that, it's mostly just getting ready for the holidays. We got the tree up last weekend and finished most of the decorating around the house yesterday. The only thing I need to finish is the lights outside. I found out that the one strand of icicle lights I bought last year are already out. I tried changing the fuses but no luck. I want to pick up a couple more strands of lights for outside and possibly some of the windows. The last thing I have to do is make the new bows for the wreaths and swags that hang outside. We found a great deal on ribbon at AC Moore on Black Friday. I got the bow maker machine from my mom this past weekend so now I just have to figure out how to use it and what size to make the bows. I'm just hoping that we purchased enough ribbon. I honestly don't know if we can get that ribbon again because we had purchased the last two rolls. Anyway...

Well that's about it so until next time... much love and many blessings!


♥Courtney♥

No comments:

Post a Comment