Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Schick Hydro Silk Razor Review


I have to be honest and say that I was very skeptical when signing up for this campaign. I have pretty much tried any and all razors out there, including men's, and always have the same result: my skin is irritated afterwards no matter how much shaving cream or lotion I use and my hair grows back by the end of the day. I was pleasantly surprised with this razor! Not only was shaving with cream not necessary (although the company recommends it), the moisture strips actually continue to moisturize for hours after shaving! The result: less shaving for me, more confidence in wearing sleeveless tops, and soft, smooth skin! 

After taking the razor out of the package, the first I noticed was the handle design. The head is slightly raised so when laying it on a flat surface, the razor head doesn't touch the surface; thus, keeping your moisture strip intact much longer than with traditional razors. The head snaps in place and is removed very easily and quickly when a new cartridge is needed. The package I received came with a suction cup shower holder so I can keep it out of my LO's reach--always a positive! 

The first area I tested this on was my underarms. I have always struggled with dry, irritated, and bumpy skin that has a 5-o'clock shadow within hours after shaving. Shaving is usually painful, even when using a new razor, because of the bumpiness. This razor has worked wonders on my skin! Not only did I not need shaving cream, but the moisture strips continued moisturizing after I shaved. It's incredible and I love that the 5 blades get an incredibly close shave. Since using this razor, I no longer have to shave my underarms everyday or multiple times a day. I can actually go every other day! 

The next area I tested was my calves. We all know how winter is and shaving just really isn't a priority, at least not in my book. Again, dry, irritated skin is a culprit of mine but after using this razor on my underarms, I was excited to try it on my legs. I definitely was not disappointed! It had the same effect on my legs and even after 3 days of shaving, there still was no stubble! 

I have to admit that I'm totally hooked on this razor! I'm not usually one for cartridge-type razors because they're just as expensive if not more than disposable ones but it's totally worth it in my opinion. I still have some coupons left so if you'd like to try it yourself, let me know! 

Until next time, much love and many blessings! 


♥Courtney♥

Although I was given the opportunity to try these products for free, the above opinions and experiences are 100% mine. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment