Monday, July 19, 2010

Just Another Ordinary Day

So what's been happening here? Oh a lot! I can't get into everything but let's just say that it's been a stressful few weeks! On the house front, the framing has begun!!! I went over to the house on Tuesday and all that was completed was the foundation.



From Tuesday until Friday, they got the entire downstairs framed and half the upstairs! It's amazing! Here's the pics I have so far:

Garage, LR, DR, & Kitchen

 Great room downstairs, bedrooms upstairs

 
Back view

I am just so excited! Andy and I stood inside the great room in awe. We just can't believe that it's finally coming together. I mean, just a week ago, all that was down was stone. Now, there's actually a house. We are so excited to be able to watch the progress of the building process. It's amazing and God has truly blessed us!

The not so fun part of moving has officially begun. I decided that I have just about 2 1/2 months to get our entire house packed and all the stuff in our basement sorted. We just don't have the available storage room to take everything so it's time to pare down! I did actually start the packing process last week though. Things I'm not currently using and won't be using in the next few months like books and cd's. (Note for future reference: I could probably pare down some if I got rid of all my cd cases. I should buy a couple of those binder-type cases and put all my cd's in there instead of keeping the plastic ones you automatically get.) I decided that books would be the first thing to pack because I have a reading plan for the next few months already in place. I'm currently in the process of reading the newest Nora Roberts saga and am on book #2 of the Bride Quartet: Bed of Roses. It's amazing and I'm just about finished that one. Once I'm finished reading those, I'm going to read the Twilight Saga which I'm borrowing from a friend. Once those are complete, I'm going to re-read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. My goal is to have all those read by the time HPATDH movie is released. I noticed when watching the HBP that I couldn't remember what actually happened and how in the book (let's face it: movie's change certain elements from the books they portray) because it had been so long ago that I read them. I think the next thing I'll pack is our extra set of dishes. While I like having a few sets to choose from, we don't really need both sets out for the next few months. After that, it's time to dig into the basement. That, however, I need Andy's help. For those of you who know me, know that I have a terrible fear of bugs, especially spiders. Our basement is chock full of daddy long-leggers... And huge ones at that! Ugh (just talking about them is giving me the creeps)! I did have the notion that I could take my vacuum downstairs and suck them all into the sweeper. Well, it's a bag less one and while I'm sure they probably wouldn't survive the suction and routing, I'm not taking any chances! The other problem with trying to do the basement myself is 9/10 of it is Andy's; therefore, I cannot just get rid of stuff (although I'd REALLY like to) thus needing his help.

On the custody front, Jay and I have been able to more or less come to an acceptable agreement without having to go to court (praise the Lord!) and much thanks to Mel for mediating. :-) The only thing left is to finish hashing out the nitty gritty details and send it off to the courts. That's definitely another blessing from God! :-) I didn't think it would ever be possible! 

So onto goals for this week. Specifically today, I want to get the kitchen completely finished being cleaned and hopefully that will rid us of the ants by the sink. I don't know where they are coming from and even though we rinse all the dishes clean after using them, I'm really thinking that maybe I should just wash our dishes by hand. That way, no piles in the sink and that would rid us of the dishwasher problem. I swear, no matter what we try including every type of dish washer soap available and jet dry, our dishes never seem to get clean. It just doesn't make sense to me. We run them two to three times (which is killing our water bill) and that doesn't seem to help; hence, why there are usually piles of dishes in our sink. IDK... That was a little off topic: sorry! LoL! What was I talking about? Oh yeah, goals for this week. So after the kitchen is finished, my plan is to pack away some of the kitchen/dining room knick knacks and the dishes. Then I'm going to move into the living room. I really need to pack away some of the extra stuff that we don't need out right now like knitting magazines and whatnot. My plan at the new place is to have shelves lining an entire wall for books (if you haven't already guessed it I'm an avid reader) and knitting magazine's. I subscribe to like 4 different ones (and yes, I NEED every one of them) so I have a million sitting around. Other goals are to stay on top of the laundry. I finally got caught up today! The last load is in the washer now. Yay! Last goal for this week is working alongside of Kristi to clean up after herself after each activity. She has a habit of getting a million things out and not putting anything away. My hope is to teach her to clean up after each activity so there's less to do each night before bed. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one because I know that's going to be a hard habit to break! Well, I have a few things I need to finish up while Kris finishes her nap and then it's off to the doctor's!

♥Many blessings!♥

P.S. If you want to know what is currently On My Needles, check out my other page!

No comments:

Post a Comment