Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Day of Reflection

Today is July 6th and 5 years ago at 7:54 a.m., Kristi Michele-Annette Ruggiano was brought into this world! 5 years ago... Wow! It's so hard to believe that it was 5 years ago... It seems like just yesterday, Jay and I were bringing her home from the hospital! I still remember exactly what I wore and exactly how I was feeling. It is amazing to me how much my little bundle of joy has grown. I look at her each and everyday she is with me and thank God for the amazing gift He has bestowed upon me of being her parent. There have been many smiles, tears, tantrums, cries, laughs, hugs, and kisses throughout these years and I know that there will be a zillion more. :-) Nothing in this world compares to the love I feel for her. She is the sweetest, most caring human being on Earth!

I remember the very first time she smiled... It was one of the most rewarding days of my life! We were on vacation in Virginia with Jay's family and he was giving her a bath. She used to love kicking and flailing her legs and arms in the water when we would hold her. I just happen to be recording her taking a bath when she looked right at the camera and gave a HUGE smile! Thankfully, I was able to pull a picture from the video:

This is one of my most precious memories. I look back on some of her baby pictures and can't believe that it's her. She looks so different! She grows more and more beautiful everyday! Here are a couple of my other favorite baby shots:

 Kristi right after delivery

First picture of mommy and Kristi

 First picture of daddy and Kristi

 In the bassinet at the hospital

 Dressed to come home from hosptial

First ride in her car seat

 First feeding at home

First dress for church

Bath time!
All-time favorite picture of Kristi and daddy

 Sticking her tongue out

Smiles

Laughing 

Sleeping on daddy

Playing in her bouncer

I loved taking pictures of her in her bouncer. For some reason, she would always try to pull Pooh off (most times she did) and chew on him. And not really chew on him, per say, just his leg. LoL! She never wanted Eeyore or the honey pot, just Pooh. :-) 

I know that the next time I blink she'll be 10 and then moving out of the house to go to college. It amazes me how much time flies. Here's a few pictures of her growing up:

 Kristi's first Christmas

I love her face in this picture

Mommy and Kristi Christmas morning





Christmas 06'

Christmas Day 07' (with a milk mustache)
Christmas 07' (professional)


Sesame Place 2007


Summer 09'

Spring 10'
Summer 10'

As the years go on I'm sure there will be a million more pictures, a million more smiles, and million more laughs. I will cherish each and every day that Kristi is with me! Happy birthday my little love!! <3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment