Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ups and downs

The last few days have been a roller coaster ride. So as you already know Little Love has been sick. Monday was terrible. Her fever spiked to 103.3 degrees and that was after giving her medication. I picked up some cough and cold medicine for her Sunday evening not realizing that it had acetaminophen in it. Duh! I really need to learn to read everything on the bottle! For some reason acetaminophen just doesn't help her. I guess she's like me in that sense because it doesn't help me either. Anyway... I picked up ibuprofen on Monday after speaking to the doctor and about an hour after she took it, the fever finally came down. I feel so helpless when she's sick because there's just not much I can do to help her other than hold her. She just laid down all day which is very unusual for her. She loves to constantly be on the move. Anyway... Tuesday went off without a hitch. Her fever was gone completely and she was back to her normal self. We stayed at Andy's parents until last night to help Carol with the dogs and what not. Kris and I went for a walk around the block while Andy and his mom went to visit John at the hospital. We took some pictures of the snow covered trees. Kris is a lot like me in that she appreciates and loves snow. She enjoys the beauty of what is does to the earth and it excites her. Here's a few of the shots we took:







We ate at Tito's Tacos since we've all heard raves about the place. My favorite dish to get at Mexican restaurants is Chilaquelas (sp??). It's a bed of homemade tortilla chips topped with shredded chicken, a special sauce, and melted mozzarella cheese and is usually served with a side of rice and guacamole salad (which you totally have to mix everything together to get the full effect). Yum! So I ordered it at Tito's Tacos and was totally stoked about it because I haven't had that dish in at least 6 months. Um, yeah... I thought my tongue turned to ash inside my mouth! I mean, I like spicy food and all but holy cow!!! I ate about 4 bites and couldn't stomach the rest. It was actually making me feel ill :( That was very disappointing because it's one of my all-time favorite dishes. I guess I'll just have to order that one at Montezuma's or El Rodeo.

We stopped at Five Below afterwards so Kris could spend her allowance from the last two weeks. She picked up a really cute butterfly decorating kit for her room and a hula hoop. She was sooooo excited about the hula hoop. Side note--I tried to hula this morning. Yeah, that's wasn't happening. It's really sad that a 5 year old is better at it than an adult!!--End side note. We dropped Carol off and headed home, got Little Love in bed, and watched Glee while I knitted a couple of rows on Amanda's blanket. We went to bed shortly afterwards, only to be woken up at 5 a.m. to Little Love crying. When I got her to room, she was sitting on the side of her bed narfing while crying. So we raced to the bathroom to let her finish. I felt her head and she was burning up. At this point, I'm starting to freak because I realized that the ibuprofen was still sitting on his mom's counter and there was no way for me to take her temp because the battery died in our thermometer and of course it only takes watch-type batteries! The issue with the meds being at his mom wouldn't be that big of a deal except that the battery died on the outside keypad for the garage door opener and the alarm was set inside the house. The alarm keypad would be too far away to deactivate and I was pretty sure that there are no 24 hour stores around us that weren't a minimum of 20 minutes away. I got Andy awake and he, like the truly wonderful man he is (I'm so blessed!), remembered that Giant is open 24 hours. So he went to pick up the ibuprofen and thermometer while I comforted Kris. He arrived back and saved the day! :-) I took her temperature and it was back up to 102.2 degrees and gave her the medicine. She fell back to sleep until 9:30 this morning. She's been running a little fever today and hasn't eaten much so she'll definitely be off school again tomorrow. I'm just hoping that whatever she has I don't get!

Goals:

Business: I got 1/4 of my letters mailed today. I finished addressing and stuffing envelopes for the rest of the printed letters. I have about 60 more letters to finish addressing and printing. Oh the joys of marketing!

Room of the day: Kitchen--complete (including a completely unloaded and empty dishwasher!).

Quiet Time: About to be completed.

Weight loss: This came to a halt due to running out of portable food. But on a happy note, my shipment arrived today and now all my food barring one or two boxes is portable! So, tomorrow will be the official first day back op! :-)

It was really nice to get back into the swing of things today. Even having Little Love home didn't put a damper on me getting done what needed to be done. And it's just really nice to be home. With that said--I'm off. Until next time, much love and many blessings!!

♥Courtney♥

No comments:

Post a Comment